Monday, March 4, 2013

Children's Dresser....Part I

We are expecting another boy in a few months and have been slowly re-organizing, transitioning and awaiting his arrival in April! :) I found Emerson a toddler bed on a Facebook Buy/Sell page for $40...we couldn't go wrong. He transitioned well. The crib has been sitting empty for the time being however we still use the changing table with baskets for his diapers and clothes. I'd like to have a place to put all of baby boy's things just as I did for Emerson. That said, I've been searching for a dresser to move Emerson's things too. I looked on craigslist sporadically, had ideas from Pottery Barn Kids, and had been putting off taking a peek for something at the local Goodwill, Habitat ReStore and Salvation Army Thrift Stores. It just so happened that we were driving past the Salvation Army Thrift store and we had the truck so we stopped in. So happy we did! For a $25 investment, we snagged this...

 
I removed the hardware and started sanding....stay tuned for more updates! I'm so excited to finish this dresser and choose a stain that matches E's toddler bed so he will have a matching furniture set just like his little brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment